Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 6: Cody


My love,

Your brilliance was clear with one simple look,

with magnificent colors out of a coloring book.

You brought life and beauty into my world,

your tranquil tweets the most remarkable things I heard.

My love, my brilliant bird.



My love,

You were the one who brightened my day,

when nothing seemed to be going my way.

I’d crank up the tunes and watch your head bop from left to right,

your dance moves often gave me quite the fright.

Yet I laughed and enjoyed those times,

As I listened to you mimicking the chimes.

My love, my brilliant bird.



My love,

I await your adorable chirp when I walk into my room,

but I am left without your breathtaking tune.

Mornings have changed without your beautiful voice,

yet I know you did not have a choice.

I understand that heaven is now where you fly,

we will reunite one day in the glorious sky.  

To my love, my brilliant bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment