Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Blues Challenge: April 4th


Tonight

Tonight is a night like any other.

I wash up and prepare for bed,
with thoughts still rushing through my head.
I constantly still think of you,
even though your words ripped me in two.

Tonight is a night like any other.

I lay in bed thinking of what could have been,
if only you had let me in.
The time we spent together came up short,
for I could not do it without your support.

Tonight is a night unlike any other.

Your cowardice choice still rings in my ears,
But I no longer shed any tears.
My heart no longer beats for you,
For my new life brings a beautiful view.

 Tonight is a night of new beginnings.

My world had been turned upside down,
Yet I have realized you are no longer in town.
I have grown without you by my side,
And am happy we never tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment